* These statements are all quotes from the book. If interested in the subject matter, I would encourage the reader to purchase a copy or visit your local library to check-out a copy.
I find them quite ‘sticky’ because these statements made a long lasting impression in my mind, heart and soul.
* “Less trying. More trusting”, “Less striving. More surrender”
* “If we need to grab onto God, and make demands of Him, we can.” Never give up in life.
* “Protection helps us avoid dying, but it doesn’t necessarily promote real living.”
* “ We start with naked and ashamed and let God meet us there.”
* “Transformation is not when something new begins but when something old falls apart. And this disorientation of things falling apart is what nudges us I to new ways of thinking.”
* “Grace is this: you have nothing to prove.”
* “Beginning again- whether in the smallest moment or the largest- usually requires us to put something on the altar. Our ego. Our resentments. Our regrets. Our anger. Our fear. Our dreams. Our past, present, future…”
“Girls with Swords”
* “ As Satan strikes with a distortion of truth, we counter with a declaration of truth.”
* “Idolatry is based on worshiping what we can construct with our own hands. When God is looking to do something grander than we can design, He brings us into his plans – rather than blessing what we have constructed.”
* “Our hero status is not dependent on our human might or power or our human spirit; it comes from the power of His Spirit.
* “God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. Prayer is not optional.”
* “God’s Wisdom was at work before our foolishness came into play… He is our life, our author, and the one who changes us.”
* “ He took away our hardened hearts and gave us new hearts fashioned out of his lineage. Then he filled us with the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead so that every decaying area of our lives could be regenerated and redeemed.”
* “ Warriors move through life with foresight, and they understand there is an opportunity to build skill and strength with every challenge”
* “God will always send us the grace and strength we need to do His will.”
* “Or you can choose to allow adversity to be a crucible in your life that tempers your strength.”
* “ God knows how to settle matters with our enemies.”